Cyber Essentials is a basic level of IT security certification which should be easy to achieve for most companies and can provide up to £25,000 indemnity cover.
About Cyber Essentials and IASME
- Cyber Essentials is a government-backed, industry supported scheme to help organisations protect themselves against common cyber attacks.
- The cost of self-assessment leading to certification against both IASME and Cyber Essentials is £300 per company, although you can opt to be assessed against only the Cyber Essentials Scheme for the same price. This price includes automatic cyber liability insurance for any UK organisation with less than £20m annual turnover (terms apply).
- Cyber Essentials PLUS involves both internal and external tests of your network and computers. It will involve a visit to your site and gives more assurance that you are complying with the Cyber Essentials Scheme than the basic self-assessment level.
- The international standard, ISO27001, is comprehensive but extremely challenging for a small company to achieve and maintain. The IASME standard is written along the same lines as the ISO27001 but specifically for small companies.
- The IASME standard, at a realistic cost, allows the SMEs in a supply chain to demonstrate their level of cyber security and that they are able to properly protect their customers information.
Talk to us about how we can assist your company to become self-certified or to aim for the Cyber Essentials Plus certification.